Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Dreams




SANTA FE from NEWSIES
Music by Alan Menken
Lyrics by Jack Feldman
Performed by Jeremy Jordan

They say folks is dyin' to get here. Me, I'm dyin' to get away,
To a little town out west that's spankin' new.
And while I ain't never been there, I can see it clear as day.
If you want, I bet'cha you could see it, too.

Close your eyes, come with me, where it's clean and green and pretty.
And they went and made a city outta clay.
Why, the minute that ya get there, folks'll walk right up and say,
"Welcome home, son, welcome home to Santa Fe!"

Plantin' crops, splittin' rails, swappin' tales around the fire,
'Cept for Sunday when you lie around all day.
Soon your friends are more like family, and they's beggin' you to stay!
Ain't that neat? Livin' sweet in Santa Fe.
Don't you know that we's a family? Would I let you down? No way.
Just hold on, kid, till that train makes Santa Fe.

No comments:

Post a Comment